Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Don't you love the smell of perm in the morning? (November 14)

Well it wasn't exactly morning, in fact it was the opposite, but that didn't make for a catchy title. Over the years my mother, sister and I have all gotten perms. All of us have flat, straight, fine and thin hair so it helps to give us a boost. Also, I just love curls. I'm not sure when I first started doing my mom's perms, but I have given her several over the past few years. Obviously, it is difficult to give someone a perm when you live 3000 miles away from them, so on my 2-month stint here, it was a requirement.

The idea was that I would give my mom a perm and she would give me one. The only problem with said plan is that my boyfriend has a thing for straight hair. While he very explicitly told me that it's my hair and I can do what I want with it, I decided to keep it straight. Aren't I a good girlfriend?

Below are the during and post perm pictures, all pre-color (that will come another day).

1 comment: