(1) In preparation for traveling to NC for Thanksgiving, I finished making my sister-in-law's Christmas presents, since she was the name I drew in our exchange. Pictured below is just one of the 3 necklaces I made for her.
(2) This is probably the most important update. I got engaged! Less than 2 minutes after meeting my parents, L proposed and I said yes!! He used my whole family for the proposal and I was blown away. I couldn't get the video to upload here, so I am providing a link to the youtube version (skip to 1:30 for the good stuff!) Also I added a bunch of pictures taken by several photographers. I can not thank my family enough for making this such a memorable event.
(3) I met my nephew for the first time!! And L met both his future niece and nephew for the first time. Not only did I get to meet Caleb, he rolled over for the first time in front of me! I am truly a blessed aunt!
(4) My family hosted an engagement party for me! Same night, another surprise! We played get to know you games, riddle games, even the prizes were mini-games! I'm honestly not sure I have met a game I didn't like. It was a blast. I really truly love how awesome my family is!
Building houses out of gum drops.
Throwing gum drops at each other.
Becker stealing my man.
Can't believe L said yes.
Cutting the beautiful cake my sister made me!
And stuffing it in each other's faces.
(5) Thankfully I planned ahead and had an engagement photo shoot already set up... just in case ;D You can check out those pictures on Stanton Photography's facebook page. If you are ever looking for a photographer in the Raleigh area, definitely give her a call! She is wonderful!!!
(7) We took a trip up to Leavenworth (which I have blogged about several times) after the first snow of the year. We took a sleigh ride, saw some amazing Christmas lights and ate in an outdoor bar. Definitely an adventure. Pictures below!
Our friends Kevin and Shelly on the sleigh ride with us.
(8) I finished my senior project. Even though I'm still really not a fan of the group I had to work with, I managed a 98. Not bad at all!
(9) I got lots of Christmas cards! Thank you sooooo much if you sent me one! I absolutely love them!
(11) I started making my save-the-dates. Can't wait to send these out!
(12) Santa came early for me this year. On the 22nd, L bought a car! He bought it, but I'm the one who drives, so it's really for me! Goodbye Expedition, hello Rogue!! Ain't she perdy?
(14) The 24th was Christmas at Jimmy and Megan's! We had a blast with some great friends!
(15) Christmas was spent with our friends Kevin and Shelly. We didn't take any pictures, but we had a blast with the Grays AND we ate some amazing smoked turkey! All in all a great day!
All right, that's about it. Told ya my life gets busy sometimes. Thanks for reading! Check back soon, hopefully I will be able to pull something interesting out of my everyday life.