Sunday, July 26, 2009

Go Mariners!!!!




Or not… So, that was the big event today, the Mariners Game. I got up early to catch an 8:30am train to Seattle in order to make it to the city for the 1:10pm game. Which reminds me, why do sporting events start at such random times?

Anyway, the train ride was pleasant. I sat next to a young lady of 15 years who enjoys talking even more than I do (hard to imagine, I know). We conversed steadily for the first 3 hours of the trip and left each other in semi-silence for the last half hour. During the conversation she asked me about myself. I of course told her that I’m a student at NCSU, but then I went on to talk about Student Venture. She thought the organization (all of Campus Crusade) was really cool, and she was interested in hearing about it and what we believe. Turns out, she is Jewish… she even went to a Jewish academy in Portland at one time. We had a long discussion about her religion and my faith… I don’t know how she felt about it, but I do know that God’s word does not return void.

I got off the train to find my dad, stepmom and stepbrother waiting for me just outside the station. I was greeted with “oh I’ve missed you”, “look at how big you are” (I’ve haven’t grown since age 15) and “I can’t believe you’re going to be 21”s while we waited on my checked baggage. We quickly threw the baggage in the van, loaded up and headed to the stadium… which is within walking distance of the station… but it was really hot!

In the stadium..


And I mean really hot! Take a look at the sunburn I got from the game. However, I feel the game was worth it. The Mariners lost, quite miserably actually… but I always feel that being at professional sporting events is worth the trouble. As long as you have an interest in the sport. So, after dropping lots of money at the stadium, getting third degree burns and eating extremely garlic-y fries we headed home.


The sunburn... I should have taken off my vest, at least then it wouldn't look so weird!


The rest of the day was spent recovering from the extreme heat of the game and resting up for tomorrow… I’m to ride a horse in the morning… watch out ground, here I come ;D


-Britt

No comments: