Thursday, July 30, 2009

Duck Tour

Really... I don't think I need to continue this post, the title says it all... don't ya think?

Okay, well for those of you who are confused (as I was at first), I will continue. In Seattle, you can ride a Duck... not just any old Duck... but an amphibious truck. No need to go back, you read that right. They are amphibious landing crafts from WWII. Obviously that means this is a land and WATER tour. And it is amazing!

Seriously, if you visit Seattle, you HAVE to ride the duck. The website is http://www.ridetheducksofseattle.com/main.htm. Go check it out... there is tons of information on there, including info about the Captains.

Speaking of Captains, our personal captain was Jack Tupp. Pretend it's mad gab and figure it out. Yeah, we were riding with captain jacked up! All of the captains names are like that... just check out the website, they get pretty creative... I think my favorite is Lou Segusi. Anyway... the captain was one of the best parts of the tour.

As he drove us around Seattle, he talked about the historical landmarks, and folklore. He also had us sing song and do dances... he was quite ridiculous and extremely hilarious! You can tell he has fun doing what he does... and I had fun listening to it.

Below are some pictures from the tour, I didn't take a whole lot because I have seen most of Seattle already, but these are a few cool ones.

I have to say, driving right down into the water was definitely a highlight of the tour. You just drive right on in!!! And then you putt around in Lake Union for a while and get some beautiful shots of the Seattle skyline. You also get to see the houseboat used in the film Sleepless in Seattle.

Don't stand under this tree in a lightning storm...


Taken from the boat in Lake Union... Seattle Skyline.

Like I said, easily one of the best things I have done in Seattle. It's a must do... along with the Space Needle.

However, the duck tour wasn't the only thing I did today. I also got a massage... fo' free! As it so happens, my step brother has massage training... and some good massage training at that. He was nice enough to treat me to an amazing body massage on his very own massage table. He did an amazing job! My body felt completely different/relaxed afterwards. I was amazed at what a good massage can do. And now I want another one ;D
I'm beginning to see why people pay for them.

Anyway, that's all for today... not much planned for tomorrow either... we will see what happens.

-Britt

No comments: