Friday, January 23, 2009

Rest of the trip 6 October- 8 October 2008

Rest of the Trip: Monday 6 October through Wednesday 8 October

I'm going to do a brief summary of the last three days of our trip, since a lot of it was just traveling home.

In the morning on Monday... the team got up for a game drive before breakfast. We figured if we were out around the time the sun came up, we would see lots of feeding. There are some pictures below.




We saw lots of giraffes. Most of them were doing this...

LOTS of giraffes...


We stopped at this waterfall to take some pictures.


When we headed down to the lake... we saw a hyena having breakfast... if you can't see the pink, it's a flamingo...


We got a little bit to close to this guy and the park rangers asked us to move...


The lake was FULL of flamingos...


See!!!!


Some poor tour group got stuck... we tried to push the bus out of the hole... with no luck, we offered them a ride back to the gates...

Our main attraction of the day was the leopard that we saw hiding in the bushes...


This must have been brunch for the leopard... only the head was left...


Do you see him?? It was so hard to get a picture... he was definitely hiding.

That night we went to the Carnivore in Nairobi for dinner.



I'm not sure what that is... but I had ostrich, ostrich meatballs, crocodile and chicken gizzard... all of which I had never had before...


This was the lowering of the flag... it meant there was no more meat for our table... so sad ;D

We stayed in the 'hotel' in Nairobi again on Monday night.

On Tuesday we went to the market... which was way more stressful than I expected it to be. I spent LOTS of money there... but I was also pulled into almost every shop and I had a hard time keeping up with Terry... my shopping buddy. But I still enjoyed it. And I left there with LOTS of stuff... hope my family enjoyed their presents...

We left Nairobi by air that night and I slept almost all the way home... I slept on both flights... was only awake for the layover... I think I needed it.

When I got to the airport in North Carolina... I got flowers and a stuffed zebra from my parents... and my boyfriend (at the time) was there as well, which was a wonderful surprise... although he didn't bring flowers... oh well, I was beyond excited to see him!!

In summary, this was the most life-changing experience ever... God taught and showed me more than I could ever imagine. One word. Unbelievable.

No comments: