Friday, January 23, 2009

Catch up on my life!

Wow! I feel like it has been forever since I posted about something other than Kenya. Not to say that is a bad thing, but I definitely feel like I need to catch you up on what's going on in my life.

Since I am a sucker for lists and organization... that's how I'm going to do this:

1) I am no longer dating. I know, I know... I should have called you and told you myself, but I don't have THAT many minutes on my phone... so please cut me some slack. However, I will tell you that I do not have any hard feelings about this. I am 100% okay. I know that most people won't believe me when I say that... but it's true. And my ex (wow that sounds really weird) is still an amazing man. You will NEVER hear me speak a bad word about him, and I hope that you won't either. I hope that our friendship remains intact (it's possible...)

2) I joined a Campus Crusade Bible Study this semester. I have really felt like I am slipping when it comes to digging into God's word... so I'm hoping this group will help keep me accountable. We met for the first time this last week and I am so excited about what God has in store for me through this group! I have a WONDERFUL leader and some really great girls in there!

3) I am currently serving with a group called Student Venture. This group is a sub-set of Campus Crusade for Christ, and they reach out to high school campuses. Recently, Student Venture came to Raleigh. When I joined up, they mentioned that they wanted to start SV on Cary High School's campus. That was a light bulb moment for me. I knew that I was supposed to help this ministry on Cary's campus. Anyway, this is all brand new to me and I am really excited about what God has in store. Prayers are appreciated in this area. AND, my plug, we need guys to help us out desperately!!! We will do anything (within reason) to get some strong male leaders to help us out!

4) I recently obtained an internship at a church called Connections in Raleigh. I am so excited about the opportunity that awaits at this church. Right now, the church is very small, but they are growing, FAST. I am interning in the children's ministry and they are ready to throw me in there and get started. My first project, worship! I'm really excited, and also a little nervous (I know, weird for me.) So, again, prayers!

Okay, I think those are the high points for now. Be ready for an increase in my blogging activity... because I get the feeling a lot of REALLY cool stuff is about to happen!

-Britt

No comments: