Friday, January 23, 2009

Day Ten- 5 October 2008

Sunday 5 October 2008

I woke up this morning and finished my packing... QUICKLY! We pulled out almost immediately so that we could make it to church on time... for a change ;D
Our luggage went ahead to Nairobi while we headed out to CHC.

Since this was our last day passing the equator, so we stopped for a group shot... which I still don't have... hmmm.
But the picture reminded me that today was also our last day to see the kids...

Church was long... I loved it... but it's so much longer than American services. Almost everyone in the building stood up to do or say something... it was AWESOME hearing from everyone. I felt like part of a family.
Today, our team led worship. Dave and I stood in front to lead the actions and Steven played guitar in the background. The rest of the team stood behind us, copying our movements and singing along. The kids stood up and did the actions with us to the song "Everyday".
After worship, Rick spoke on disappointment. He did an excellent job... I had never heard him speak like that before, and I was impressed... it was very engaging.








After church, we did the same thing as our first Sunday. Everyone walked outside and shook hands with everyone else. Only this time... the group was so much bigger... so the songs went on for a long time... of course, I enjoyed that a lot! However, I was also sad. Like actually sad... it's so rare for me, but I could at least recognize the emotion. I saw both Jennifer and Jeff looking very sad.
After the 'ending ceremony' was over... I found Jeff to give him a present. I gave him my bible. He had told me that he wants to share the word of God with all Kenyans... so I told him to take that bible with him wherever he goes to share the word. I started crying... I actually started crying. I have no idea if he understood what I said, but hopefully he got the idea.




After I had calmed myself down a bit, Jennifer found me and gave me a gift as well. So, I started balling... AGAIN! I said goodbye two or three times to both Jennifer and Jeff and all the kids that came up to me.

As I headed for the van, I was way-layed by Jill... she stopped me and asked me if I felt like I was being called... so of course, I burst into tears AGAIN! We embraced for a while and she told me to keep in touch... I haven't done a good job of that, but I'm fixing it ;D

After hopping in the front seat of one of the vans... Jeff walked up to my window. He told me again that he would miss me... so guess what I did, yeah, you got it... I cried! I really don't think I have ever cried that much in my life... It was ridiculous...

I miss Jeff and Jennifer so much... I missed them before the day was even over.

We drove to Nakuru and checked into Sarova Lion Hill Lodge in the game park. We had a quick lunch at the Flamingo diner. Shortly after... we went for a game drive... I can't imagine being more in awe of God's creation than I was on that game drive. I have never looked at animals that way... and I have never been up close to animals like that either... words can't describe.











Our main attraction was the lion that we followed down the road for almost 15 minutes. Seriously, that lion would not get off the road... it just walked lazily down the road in front of us... I couldn't believe it... but I guess the animals there are used to Vans disruption their environment.



Told ya... I have about 12 of these pictures...

When we went back to the lodge, we watched traditional African dancing. In one of the dances, the performers pulled in audience members... so of course, I got to participate. I couldn't believe how much fun that was!!! I had no idea what I was doing, so I just copied my 'partners' moves and smiled a lot. It was a blast!

The band...


The female dancers


oops... that one is sideways...


Do ya see me in there... my skirt kinda matches the dancer's skirts...

Dinner was a wonderful buffet but I headed off to bed rather quickly.

I spent about an hour talking to God about how much I miss those kids... and then, I was out!

-Britt


No comments: