Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Old cars...

So, again, I apologize for not posting, however, not to my general readers but to my stepfather, who so kindly pointed out that I am forcing my readers to wait. SORRY!!

Anyway, thought tonight was eventful enough to warrant a post.

First of all, tonight was my lifegroup's last night as a single group. My co-leader and I have decided that it is time to break off and create two new groups to provide space for those that really would like to join a young adult group. It is actually very exciting, but more on that later.

This afternoon, after I left my 4:30-5:45pm class, I went to the Quad for praise and worship. Since I had to leave to get ready for lifegroup, I only stayed for 25 minutes or so, but it was still very uplifting. After a few songs, I headed back over towards the parking deck so that I could jet off on errands before picking up Lauren and heading to group.

As I approached my car, I realized that my brake lights were still on. I thought that was weird, but I for some reason assumed that it meant my headlights were on (which sometimes happens because it is a dark deck). So I rushed over to the car and opened my door to turn off the headlights when I realized, 'wait, my headlights aren't on.' So, I did a little shuffle to the rear of my car, and yep, sure enough, my brake lights were still on. Thankfully, I started my car and called Brian (who else would I call in an emergency??) He encouraged me to go home and at least figure out which fuse to pull so that my battery wouldn't die.

Because I tend to listen to Brian's advice (shh, don't tell him that...), I went home. When I got home, I realized that my brake lights were no longer on. I could have just taken it as a good sign, but no, I had to be a pessimist and test it. So, I went inside and brought out an assistant (the aforementioned impatient reader). He helped me figure out that my brake lights were no longer working. Frustrated and a little scared I might get rear-ended, I sent Brian a text explaining my new predicament.

Fortunately, I still live with my parents and was able to borrow their car for the night (since, as important as I am... I had places to be ;D). I met up with Brian, and gave him the key to my car, and headed off to lifegroup. Brian diligently worked on my car (I really have no idea what he did) but he fixed my problem! Which made the status of my night shoot up a couple hundred notches.

Meanwhile, at lifegroup, I relayed the story to some of the members and one of them graciously offered her car while she was out of town. I just thought that was really cool (for lack of better diction). For the rest of the night, our group played Mab Gab and Taboo, both excellent party/gathering games, and had a BLAST! It was a great way to end a year of studying together.

I know that was an extremely long post to tell you that my car is fine AND I didn't have to spend a lot of money on it, but that event made the last 6 hours of my life seem like 24. Plus, who walks up to their car and finds that their BRAKE lights are still on, it's just bizarre.
P.S. That would have been the second time that happened to me since I bought the car.

Thanks for reading, I'm signing off!

-Britt

1 comment:

Brandon said...

Geez about time.

Glade to hear your car is all good now.