Thursday, September 4, 2008

Upsetting News.

Okay-- so, it's not really THAT upsetting. But I just finished an assignment (a ridiculous one at that) for my Psy 220- Orientation to Psychology Course, and it left me a little down in the dumps.

For those of you that don't know, I was originally a criminology major. At the end of my freshman year, I added a psychology major. Then, that summer, I made the decision to go into ministry full time. Since I didn't think that criminology and ministry would work that well together, half-way through my 3rd semester at NCSU, I changed my first major to Public and Interpersonal Communication.
Therefore, I am now a double major in Public and Interpersonal Communcation & Psychology.

However, the sad news. I will not graduate in 8 semesters (4 years). The assignment was to plan through my graduation. Turns out, all the switching and adding majors left me pretty far behind on my requirements. I will have to take an extra semester in order to graduate.

From what I understand, it's not that uncommon, but I really wanted to graduate in four years. Looks like I still get to be a 2010 graduate though!!

I'm going to sulk some more (just kidding) and leave you to post jeering comments.

- Britt

2 comments:

Brandon said...

Ahh don't feel bad, I dropped out of a community college with no degree. Come on! Life ain't so bad.

Anonymous said...

Graduating in four years with TWO majors is impossible (ok maybe possible but it would drive the sanity out of a person...)

Definitely don't stress about finishing in four years. Took me 4.5 and I know plenty of people who took at least that long if not longer. You'll be happier and saner when you graduate if you take your time & enjoy life along the way!