Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Not Just a Prison in Kansas

Howdy y'all!  I know everyone and their brother has already expressed their incredulity at the fact that it's October, but I want to join the fray.  Wow, can you believe it's October already?!?!  Where did 2012 go?  

Aaanyway, I better start off this post by wishing my mother a very happy 37th birthday!  Don't question the age, just accept it.  Blogging on her birthday reminds me that 4 years ago I was doing the same thing, from Kenya!  Wow, talk about time flying. 

Okay, okay, I promise I will get to the meat of this post, just bear with me.  Leavenworth, a United States prison in Kansas.  While I might have the chance to tour that place someday (hopefully for the RIGHT reasons), I think it's atmosphere would be quite different from the Leavenworth I toured with my friends last weekend.  

I have actually posted about Leavenworth (the non-prison one) before when I took a tour with family in January 2011.  We trudged through snow and slush to visit shops and spend money I didn't have.  This time was much better weather wise... but I still don't have any money.  

We started the day late and only managed to catch a few shops before they closed, but have no fear, I still managed to spend L's money.  Our friends Kevin and Shelly made the trip with us and we all had a blast.  After the shops closed, we caught some live music, had a few drinks and played the most ridiculous game of ping pong you can imagine.  I must note though that I won.  




L's restaurant. 

The soon-to-be bride who collected hugs from all the men.  I promise, there was a real person there, this is just a depiction. 

Told ya. 



All in all, definitely worth the trip.  If you ever visit Washington, make sure to put this stop on your list! 

1 comment:

jaycee said...

I'm pretty sure that my 37th birthday IS the meat of your post....just sayin'