Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Not So Lime Green

I love green.  Green and black, my two favorite colors.  My motorcycle really is perfect for me! 

Ahh, Kado, how I love thee. 

So, back to green. I really love that color.  Isn't it the best?  L and I went yard sale shopping on Sunday and everything I bought was green! I'm a tad obsessed.  Just a little.

That being said, green shoes. To DIE for.  The only problem.  I'm broke. Really, you guys, it's not that funny.  If I didn't have such a wonderful boyfriend, I would have starved months ago. 
So shoes over $10, not exactly in the budget.  Have you seen the price of non-boring shoes lately?  $10 doesn't go very far. 

Sooooooooooo

I made some.  Why not?  Pinterest has taught me that I can make anything! Have I mentioned I'm gonna make cheese one of these days?  

So, I started with plain white shoes from Walmart.  $5.50
I added Lime Green Tulip brand fabric dye. $2.99
And 1 day, 1 hour later I ended up with.... not so lime green shoes. 

That, um, isn't exactly what I was picturing.  But, they were under $10!!!!  And honestly, they are still pretty cute. 


If you are thinking, "Wow, she looks great, I wonder if she has lost weight!" Thank you!  Yes, I have!  10 pounds to be exact. Y'all are so sweet!  

Thanks for reading!  Check back later for more... not so... DIYs! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you look so cute~~your secret admirer

jaycee said...

Before I read the words under your last pic, I said to Rusty, "doesn't it look like she has lost weight?". Congrats and the shoes are cute!