Thursday, March 15, 2012

Magic Carpet Cleaner!

As you all know I have been painting and re-upholstering chairs recently. Evidently I'm not the best at keeping my paint on my target and the brush.

There were large spots of BLACK paint all over Ludwig's dining room carpet.

Obviously I had to do something about this. It's an apartment AND it's UGLY! So Pinterest to the rescue! I found this magic carpet cleaner! So I thought, what the hey, let's give a shot!

First, you apply cornstarch or baking soda to the spot and let it absorb up any liquid you couldn't get out on your own. I waited about 15 minutes and the vacuumed up the magic white powder.

SEE how many spots there are!!!

While I was waiting I mixed up the magic cleaning solution. 2 cups of water, 1 tablespoon (clear) dishwashing liquid and 1 tablespoon white vinegar. I didn't have clear dishwashing liquid so I just used blue- it didn't affect the outcome.

After applying the solution, I scrubbed with a scrub brush. It took a little elbow grease, but a lot less than if I had used just water! All the spots came out after about 20 minutes of scrubbing (total- not per spot).


MUCH better than the painting fail it was before! Yay Pinterest!

No comments: