Monday, March 12, 2012

It's been a whole year!! March 8, 2012

On March 8, Ludwig and I got to celebrate our one year anniversary. I really can't believe it has been a whole year. Ludwig has stayed with me through the really high ups and the REALLY low downs. He has loved me so well and without faltering. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful man in my life. AND I get to call him mine!!!

So, the day before our anniversary, Ludwig presented me with the gift he so thoughtfully made for me.

Then, we spent the morning at Pike Place Market on the waterfront in Seattle. We didn't get to see anyone throw fish, but we had a lot of fun looking at the crafts for sale! However, most of those vendors did not want pictures taken of their craft. So we took pictures of the fish and produce!




After our romp in the market, we dined at a market seafood restaurant. Because you can't go to the waterfront and NOT have seafood!
The view from our booth was amazing! The picture below doesn't do it justice.

The appetizer (fried calamari) was served with a DELICIOUS jalapeno sauce!

Since I'm not really seafood savvy, I ordered a tuna melt. But Ludwig ordered some really seafood-y seafood, with shells and tails and stuff.

After lunch we went below decks and found a cartoonist! We have always talked about getting a cartoon of the two of us, so our anniversary was the perfect time! Only took 6 minutes total to draw both of us drinking champagne on top of the space needle. Note: Ignore the ring in the picture, I do not actually have a ring.
Also, I'm sorry about the reflection in the glass, poor picture taking skills.

We then found a store that rivals a nerd version of a joke shop! I actually purchased my step-dad's Christmas present there. What is pictured below is NOT his present ;D

The nerd shop was our last stop in Pike Place as our parking meter ran out of time! We traveled from there to a painting shop called the Ceramic Place! I don't have any pictures of our experience there, but I will post our pieces once they are finished.

From there we went to Cinebarre, a 21 and up movie theater. We spent WAY too much money but it was totally worth it. We could order food and drinks throughout the whole movie! And their popcorn was surprisingly addicting!

The whole day was a blast! I can't wait until next year!!!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Oh my word, such a fun date!!! I've always wanted to have a cartoon pictu drawn of Cal and I! Haha! Ludwig did an AWESOME job on the present - SO adorable! Happy anniversary!