Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Workin' Girl!!!

A few weeks ago, I applied for a job at Family Christian Bookstore. I had walked in to purchase something and saw the now hiring sign on the door, so I decided to pick up an application figuring it wouldn't hurt to try, especially in this economy.

So, last week, I went in for an interview. The assistant manager interviewed me, and was evidently impressed, because I got a call for a second interview. She had interviewed 20+ people and only recommended 2 for the second interview.

The second interview was tonight, and like the title implies, I got the job. His exact words were, "I'm either hiring you, or you and the other person..." He also told me that the purpose of hiring me is to promote me to a key associate position (like a floor manager). Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked! I now have a source of income to pay for all that work still to be done on my mouth!

When I got home and informed my family, I then went out for a celebratory dinner at Cook-out... yeah, I know... but I'm only getting minimum wage...

-Britt

No comments: